From the MDNR (Mi. Dept. of Natural Resources, Shepards of Belle Isle) -
"Due to the unexpected change in weather to winter-like conditions over the past two weeks, and with similar conditions forecasted over the next two weeks, the contractor proposes to wait until spring to being work. They would be are able to perform the demolition at any time of year, but it will need to be above freezing for the masonry work, joint sealing and painting. Our concern if we remove the roof now, is the remaining structure will be exposed through the winter.
The contractor proposes to perform the demolition work in late-winter once the forecast begins to look favorable to completing the full scope during the same mobilization."
Amanda Treadwell, MDNR